The Best Telescopic Cooker Hood in 2023
The Best Telescopic Cooker Hood based on air extraction rate, price and more.
Included in this guide (scroll):
Are you looking to upgrade your kitchen with a new cooker hood? Cooker hoods are essential in any kitchen. They remove steam, smoke, and cooking odours that make our kitchens uncomfortable. Telescopic cooker hoods are an ideal choice if you’re looking for more space in the kitchen because they slide away neatly on top of cabinets when not in use.
With so many different smart options on the market, it can be hard to decide which one is best for you and your home. Technology has allowed us to have efficient, stylish, and powerful cooker hoods tailored for any type of kitchen environment.
Quick Glance (See on Amazon):
2023 is set to be an exciting year as manufacturers release new models of telescopic cooker hoods with a variety of designs available at different price points. In this article, we’ll take a look at the best telescopic cooker hoods launching this year—so you can equip your kitchen with the latest and greatest technology. Let’s go!
Top Three Telescopic Cooker Hoods
Our Best Telescopic Cooker Hood Picks
The CIARRA CBCS6906D is the perfect solution for any kitchen looking to upgrade its ventilation system. With a remarkable extraction power of up to 370 m3 per hour and two intensity levels, it offers users an ideal combination of usability and power. With its A-class energy rating, this cooker hood consumes 30% more power than other models, allowing you to save on your electricity bill. The telescopic design gives you added convenience by allowing you to easily hide it when not in use while still offering maximum performance. The slide plate enables users to automatically resume the last speed and light settings every time they pull out the slide plate. Thanks to its two mounting alternatives, you can install the cooker hood either on your wall, under the wall cabinet, or above your countertop, according to your preference. With a noise level of 63 dB and a wattage of 70 watts, this cooker hood is both powerful and quiet at the same time.
- Energy rating of A; saves electricity bills
- Extraction power of 370 m3/h
- Automatically resumes last speed & light settings when slide plate pulled
- 2 mounting alternatives (wall or countertop) for flexible installation
- Noise level of 63 dB; very quiet operation
- Wattage of 70 Watts; powerful yet efficient
- Broad 60 cm telescopic design for small kitchens
- Brand: CIARRA
- Model: CBCS6906D
- Extraction Rate: 370 m³/h
- Noise Level: 63dB
- Power Usage: 70W
- Weight: 7.4kg
With the Cookology TEL605SS, you can create a convenient and neat kitchen space. This hood comes with a stainless steel finish, an LED light, and extends out when you need to operate it—increasing the roof size. The TEL605SS also has an incredible extraction rate of 440 m3 per hour to clear out smoke and odours with ease. The hood comes with helpful features such as a 2-speed rocker switch, LED lighting, a washable grease filter, 150mm duct kit compatibility for air extraction (sold separately), and CF100 carbon filters for air recirculation (also sold separately). Installing this cooker hood is easy; it fits under small cupboards or can be wall-mounted. With all these features, the Cookology TEL605SS Integrated Telescopic Cooker Hood is perfect for medium-sized spaces in need of space-saving solutions without sacrificing on performance.
- Easily extendable telescopic cooker hood
- Stainless Steel finish
- Built-in LED lighting that turns on when the canopy is extended
- Extraction rate of 440m/3 per hour
- Washable grease filter
- 150mm ducting kit compatibility
- Optional CF100 Carbon Filters for air recirculation (sold separately)
- Easy installation that fits beneath most cupboards or can be wall mounted
- Brand: Cookology
- Model: TEL605SS
- Extraction Rate: 440 m³/h
- Noise Level: 64dB
- Power Usage: 67W
- Weight: 6kg
The Bosch Series 2 60cm Canopy Telescopic Cooker Hood is a high-end, energy-efficient appliance that offers the greatest in cooking convenience and style. This cooker hood features a maximum extractor with incredibly good air filtration power while still managing to stay subtle and quiet. With this cooker hood, you can enjoy rapid extraction at 305 m3/h and quickly eliminate kitchen odours. It also features two speed settings and an automatic on-and-off function when you pull out and push back the telescoping canopy. The light switch control for light and extractor speeds ensures your kitchen is brightly lit for all your indoor cooking needs; there are also two removable metal oil filter cassettes available as well. Additionally, this 60cm hood was uniquely designed to offer your kitchen an excellent view when not in use as well! This Bosch Series 2 60 cm canopy telescopic cooker hood is CE certified and comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Stylish silver metallic touch will make your kitchen look attractive
- Easy-to-use controls as well as 3 power settings to keep the kitchen smelling fresh and the indoor air clean
- Metal oil filters to filter oil and other particles out of the removed air
- Energy-saving LED lighting supplies clear and bright lighting for the cooking area
- Extraction rate of 305 m³/h
- Automatic On & Off function when you pull out & push back the telescopic canopy
- Telescopic canopy allows you to store this cooker hood out of sight
- 2-year warranty
- Brand: Bosch
- Model: DFM063W56B
- Extraction Rate: 328 m³/h
- Noise Level: 64dB
- Power Usage: 90W
- Weight: 8.54kg
Next up we have the Electrolux 60cm Telescopic Cooker Hood. This stylish hood features an advanced telescopic design with a standard grease filter, making it easier and more convenient to keep your cooking space clean. The reliable motor and oil filter provides a powerful extraction performance of 370 m³/h and reduces cooking smells so you can relish your time in the kitchen. Additionally, this cooker hood is equipped with LED lights to ensure optimum visibility while using minimum power. And thanks to the simple mechanical control and automated rocker switch, it allows you to set either recirculating or ducted operation according to your needs.
- Advanced telescopic design for greater performance.
- Washable aluminium oil filters for easy maintenance.
- Pull out suction for greater removal of cooking fumes.
- Automated switch controls make the unit easy to use.
- LED lights provide visibility and require less power than other lights.
- Set for either recirculating or ducted operation as per needs.
- Brand: Electrolux
- Model: LFP316S
- Extraction Rate: 370 m³/h
- Noise Level: 68dB
- Power Usage: 49 Kilowatts Per Year
The Cookology TEL600SS Integrated Cooker Hood is a smart, space-saving choice for smaller kitchens with limited space. With its 250 m3/hr extraction rate, it quietly eliminates steam and cooking smells as quickly as possible, so your kitchen stays fresh and odour-free. The telescopic design extends the canopy size when in use, making full use of the powerful extractor fan to ensure thorough air circulation. This hood comes with two speed settings, two lights to help your visibility while cooking, and two washable grease filters that capture airborne particles. To top it off, this cooker hood is backed by a 12-month warranty and is compatible with extraction or recirculation ventilation systems.
- Telescopic design extends the canopy size when in use for increased airflow.
- Powerful 250m³/hr extraction rate quickly eliminates steam and food odours from your kitchen
- 2 speed settings provide enhanced control over air circulation power
- 2 lights illuminate your kitchen workspace to increase visibility while cooking
- 2 washable grease filters capture particles released by cooking food
- Compatible with extraction or recirculation ventilation systems
- Backed by a 12-month warranty for added peace of mind
- Brand: Cookology
- Model: TEL600SS
- Extraction Rate: 250 m³/h
- Noise Level: 64dB
- Power Usage: 62W
- Weight: 7.3kg
The AEG 3000 Series 60cm Telescopic Cooker Hood is designed to keep your kitchen clean and neat. It features an LED light that uses much less power than standard lamps, giving the hood a longer life expectancy for years of reliable service. The efficient motor, along with a 410 m3/h maximum air extraction rate, helps to rapidly remove unpleasant odours originating from cooking. This cooker hood also includes a high-performance filter that effectively captures and releases grease and odours while you cook. The removable filter can be easily cleaned in your dishwasher, making sure the cooker hood remains functional at all times. With its ingenious mechanical controls, it’s easier than ever to customise the settings with just a few simple clicks as you adjust lights, fan speeds, or switch between recirculation and extraction options.
- Slimline design for small kitchens
- Efficient motor with 410m3/hr maximum air extraction rate
- High-performance filters capture and release grease and odours while cooking
- Removable filter can be easily cleaned in your dishwasher
- LED Lights light up cooking area and reduce energy consumption compared to traditional bulbs
- 3 speeds with push button control
- Recirculation & Extraction modes available
- Brand: AEG
- Model: DPB3632S
- Extraction Rate: 225 m³/h
- Noise Level: 69dB
- Weight: 6.8kg
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Best Telescopic Cooker Hood?
We found the Best Telescopic Cooker Hood to be the CIARRA CBCS6906D. It is one of the most popular Telescopic Hoods on the market, is rated A for energy consumption, has a decent extraction rate of 370 m3/h, automatically uses both the last speed & light setting used when you pull it out, and more!
Is a telescopic hood good?
A telescopic hood is a good option for those looking for an unobtrusive, yet powerful ventilation system. The key advantage of this type of vent hood is that its height can be adjusted in order to fit a wide range of ceiling heights. Furthermore, they offer flexibility when it comes to how much air you want, as well as flexible positioning over your stove or cooktop. Telescopic hoods are also quite efficient in drawing up all smoke and cooking odours into the exhaust, making them ideal if you frequently cook with different pans without interruption to the extraction process.
Related: Best Downdraft Cooker Hoods
What is a telescopic cooker hood?
A telescopic cooker hood is a long, slim hood that extends out from the wall or cabinet over the stovetop. It is designed to capture cooking odours and grease particles in the air and direct them away from your kitchen. The telescopic design allows it to be hidden in the wall or cabinet when not in use and pulled out when cooking. Telescopic cooker hoods come with a variety of features, such as adjustable control panels, LED lighting, and auto-shut systems for efficient airflow control.
What is the difference between a telescopic hood vs integrated hood?
Telescopic hoods are a type of integrated hood that simply extends out similar to a telescope – hence the name. They can be adjusted in width to cover more of the cooker hob and offer direct control of smoke and fumes. They look similar to visor cooker hoods but can be pulled out. The telescopic nature of these hoods is the key difference that separates this hood from a canopy hood for example.
Related: What is a canopy hood?
How do you install a telescopic hood?
To install a telescopic hood, the first step is to measure the dimensions of your stove and make sure you have the correct size hood for it. Next, gently place the telescopic hood at its desired height on top of your stove and secure it with the fixings that come with the product. Be sure to follow any additional installation instructions specified by your manufacturer. Finally, connect the telescoping hood to an electrical point or gas supply, as appropriate (always have a certified professional carry out these tasks).