The Best Ducting for Cooker Hoods in 2023
The Best Ducting for Cooker Hood based on material, durability and more.
Included in this guide (scroll):
Are you looking for the perfect ducting system for your cooker hood to upgrade your kitchen in 2023?
With so many models and types available, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. Cooker hoods are an essential part of any modern kitchen, and having efficient extraction is extremely important. As the range of cooker hoods has grown over the years, so too has the range of options when it comes to ducting systems.
Quick Glance (See on Amazon):
From extractor fans to chimney systems, there are a variety of possibilities available. In this article, we’ll discuss all the different ducting options for your cooker hood, helping you decide which one will work best for your home. We’ll also provide helpful tips on choosing and installing the right system to ensure that your cooker hood runs efficiently and safely in your home.
Top Three Ducting for Cooker Hoods
Our Best Ducting for Cooker Hood Picks
The STERR 3m Aluminium Flexible Duct Hose is the perfect ducting pipe for your cooker hood, as well as any cooling or heating needs. Made of a multilayer laminated aluminium and polyester core, this 3 m-long, 100 mm-diameter piping ensures energy efficiency and security with its 2500 Pa pressure rating. This hose can withstand temperatures ranging from -30°C to +140°C and provides superior air flow speeds of up to 25 m/sec. Lightweight yet durable at 180 g, it’s ideal for use in crawlspaces and attics.
- Measures 3 m long with a 100 mm diameter.
- Long-lasting metalized construction made from multilayer laminated aluminium and polyester.
- Capable of showing a maximum pressure rating of 2500 psi.
- Temperature safe ranges from -30 °C to +140 °C.
- Provides superior airflow speed up to 25 m/sec.
- Ideal for use in crawl spaces or attics.
- Brand: STERR
- Model: B07FJW971N
- Size: 100mm x 3m
- Diameter: 152mm
- Material: Aluminium
- Weight: 180g
The Kair PVC Flexible Duct Hose is an ideal solution for running ducting systems in spaces where rigid plastic ducting is not feasible. This flexible PVC hose has a 152-154 mm diameter and fits over and slips into male fittings on 150mm (6-inch) duct systems easily and securely. Measuring 3 metres in length, this flexible duct offers ease of use for extractor fans, cooker hoods, tumble dryers, warm air exhausts such as air conditioners, and many other common applications. It can be attached to spigots or male fittings by means of Quick Release Worm Clips, Metal Hose Clips, silicone, or even duct tape, which are all available separately from Kair Ducting Parts.
- 152-154 mm diameter flexible PVC hose.
- Fits ducting systems up to 150 mm (6 inches) in diameter.
- 3 metre length.
- Strong and reliable connection with Quick Release Worm Clips and Metal Hose Clips.
- Can be sealed with silicone or duct tape.
- Ideal solution for running around obstacles or in tight spaces where using rigid plastic ducting is unsuitable.
- Compatible with extractor fans, cooker hoods, tumble dryers, and warm air exhaust devices such as air conditioners.
- Brand: KAIR
- Model: DUCP0092/152/35
- Size: 150mm x 3m
- Diameter: 152-154mm
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Weight: 370g
The Hon&Guan Double Aluminium Foil Duct Hose is the perfect solution for any ventilation system that needs to vent or exhaust air. This flexible duct pipe has a double-layer aluminium foil construction and comes with a built-in steel wire helix that ensures its shape is maintained in whatever position you install it in, while also providing maximum flexibility and lasting durability. It is wear-resistant, heat-resistant up to 150°C, fire retardant, and suitable for high, medium, and low-pressure air conditioning systems, cooking exhausts, and dryer rooms.
- Built-in steel wire helix for shape retention & maximum versatility.
- High friction resistance and acid corrosion resistance.
- Heat resistant; can handle temperatures from -30 °C to 150 °C.
- Fire retardant material and wear-resistant design.
- Suitable for various types of ventilation systems, including high, medium, and low-pressure air conditioning systems, grow tents, and cooking exhausts.
- Max extended length of 2 metres.
- Brand: Hon&Guan
- Model: YBPI296
- Size: 150mm x 2m
- Material: Alloy Steel, Aluminium
- Weight: 230g
Experience superior air ventilation with the Yiju 4-Inch 16ft Aluminium Duct Hose. This air conditioning and heating duct features a diameter of 102 mm and a 16-foot extended length. It is made from an incredibly sturdy black PVC film that is both lightproof and waterproof while effectively reducing noise from fans and carbon filter systems. Made with a steel wire spacing of 20 mm and two stainless-steel hose clamps included for easy installation, this duct offers excellent flexibility, making it possible to bend at any angle, and follows almost all your project installation requirements. Perfect for kitchens, bathrooms, grow tents, greenhouses, air conditioners, car cooling systems, house ventilation systems, or industrial-sized buildings.
- 4 inches (102mm diameter) by 16 feet (5m when extended).
- Steel Wire Space/PVC Vent Hose: Black PVC Film Light Proof and Waterproof + Reducing Noise from Fans and Carbon Filter Systems.
- Can be Easily Cut by Wire Cutter/Paper Knife
- Includes 2 x 4 Inch Stainless Steel Hose Clamps for better fit
- Bends at any angle
- Widely Used in any Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning systems
- Brand: Yiju
- Model: B07RWHS7TZ
- Size: 102mm x 5m
- Diameter: 4inch
- Material: Aluminium
- Weight: 789g
The Blauberg Cooker Hood 150mm Duct Hose is an easy-to-fit wall duct kit for cooker hoods, bathrooms, toilets, kitchen ventilation fans, and tumble dryers. Featuring a 184×184 mm overall white louvred vent grille with insect fly mesh (150 mm, 6-inch duct connection) plus a 3 m length of high temperature, semi-rigid metal aluminium ducting and two jubilee clips This product is easy to install and connects to extractor fans, stovetop cooker hoods, and tumble dryers with the universal 6-inch flange. Also available in brown, black, grey, Cotswold stone, and terracotta finishes.
- Easy to fit wall duct kit for cooker hood, bathroom, toilet, or kitchen ventilation fan or tumble dryer extract air.
- Long-lasting metal aluminium diameter hose with 2 Jubilee Clips.
- Overall square 184×184 mm standard white louvred vent grille with insect fly mesh (150 mm / 6-inch connection).
- Total length of 3 meters of 150 mm (6 inches) high temperature, semi-rigid, flexible venting hose.
- A universal 6-inch flange can connect easily to most extractor fans and cooker hoods.
- Available in brown, black, grey, Cotswold stone, and terracotta finishes.
- Brand: Blauberg UK
- Model: BB-CHK-150-3-VSWH
- Size: 150mm x 3m
- Diameter: 127-152mm
- Material: Aluminium
- Weight: 820g
The Blauberg 100 mm 4 inch PVC Flexible Duct Hose is the perfect solution for general-purpose ventilation systems. It can be used for cooker hoods and tumble-dryer extractors. This duct is made from high-quality white PVC, which is resistant to moisture and temperature, meaning it will stand the test of time and provide the perfect amount of airflow for your system. It has excellent elasticity for easy installation and comes in a variety of lengths to suit any specific application you may have.
- White PVC flexible duct for general-purpose ventilation systems.
- Suitable for cooker hoods and tumble dryer extractors.
- High-quality white material that is resistant to moisture and temperature.
- Excellent elasticity for easy installation.
- Comes in multiple lengths to fit most applications.
- Flame retardant housing.
- A large surface area provides maximum airflow.
- Brand: Blauberg Fans
- Model: BLAUFLEXPVC/102/3
- Size: 95cm
- Diameter: 14inch
- Material: PVC
- Weight: 100g
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Best Ducting for Cooker Hood?
We found the Best Ducting for Cooker Hood product to be the STERR 3m Aluminium Flexible Duct Hose. It is one of the most popular cooker hood ducting on the market, extends 3m, is made from multilayer laminated aluminium and polyester, is great for use in crawl spaces or attics, and more!
What ducting should I use for the cooker hood?
This all depends on preference. Ideally, the ducting you choose for your cooker hood should be made of metal (or at least have some metal material in its composition). This is because it is stronger and more durable than cheaper flexible ducting. Metal ducts come in a variety of sizes and can be cut to different lengths. Additionally, they are fireproof, unlike some types of ducting, so they will further protect your kitchen from potential hazards. When installing ducts, it’s important to make sure that they are sealed together properly to avoid any leaks or blockages. Additionally, insulated tubing can be used if you live in a particularly cold climate.
What size duct does a cooker hood need?
The size of the duct that a cooker hood needs will depend on the size of the hood and the airflow it is designed for. Generally speaking, most hoods have 6 (150mm) or 8-inch (200mm) ducts, with other sizes occasionally being used depending on additional factors. When shopping for a new cooker hood, you should check to make sure that the duct size is suitable for your installation. Also keep in mind that if your home’s existing ventilation system is smaller than what your cooker hood requires, you may need to install an additional ventilation pipe.
Can I use a 4-inch duct for a cooker hood?
Generally, it is not recommended to install a cooker hood with a 4-inch (100mm) duct. The larger 6 (150mm) or 8-inch (200mm) ducts are preferred because they are able to move more smoke and heat out of your kitchen faster during high cooking loads. In addition, wider ducts reduce noise levels and allow for better air circulation. It is important to note that even when using the larger size duct, airflow should be restricted as much as possible in order to achieve maximum efficiency from the exhaust fan used with a cooker hood.
Is aluminium ducting better than plastic?
Aluminium ducting is often considered better than plastic because of its greater longevity. Aluminium does not degrade over time and can last for years with minimal maintenance, making it an economical choice for long-term applications. The material is also much more durable than plastic, allowing it to withstand higher temperatures and pressure without breaking down. Additionally, aluminium ducting offers better energy efficiency due to its thermal properties, which means lower heating and cooling costs in the long run.